Originating in ancient Chinese, Sic Bo, meaning “dice pair”, is one of the lesser known casino games. What a shame because Sic Bo is one of the most entertaining casino games I’ve ever played. The game involves the rolling of three dice. Players win money if they guess the correct outcome of these dice. Payouts include guessing the outcome of individual numbers, specific doubles, specific triples, the total of the three rolled dice, etc. Once the three dice get rolled and tumbled, they are then displayed to the players. Once the dealer punches in the winning combination, results get lit up and displayed on the Sic Bo table. Lets have a closer look at the game and its rules.
How to play Sic Bo? The game starts with the players placing bets on the table. The bets range from 5 dollars to $5000, with the maximum being $5000. The dealer then deals the dice to the players, one at a time. Once each player has received his or her dice, the dealer burns one card and deals the next card to the player directly opposite that dealer. This continues until each player has four cards. While the players have their cards, the dealer places 3-4-5 (or 4-5-6 if the last card is a 6) beside the card that was immediately before the last card. This is called the “feast” or the “table”.
When the processes of the Sic Bo game are completed and the table has been given its turn, the dealer places a card beside the Sic Bo formula (5-6-7-9) that corresponds to the last drawn card. This repeats until the last card drawn matches the Sic Bo formula. When matches are met, the dealer flips both the four and five, calling the player’s bet “carlose”. Each player then receives 7-out and the dealer hands his or her cards. The dealer starts again with the same procedure, repeating the sequence above. When the dealer flips the final card and the player has won, the dealer places the fifth card beside his last card. The player then receives another card, the dealer places the sixth card beside his last card. The player selects the remaining cards from the remaining deck and places them beside the cards placed by the dealer. The final card is always placed face up. This is called the “Poker88“. The term implies that the players win in case the previously drawn card is drawn by the dealer.
How to play Sic Bo? Although the dealer does most of the work, the player still has the opportunity to win. Sic Bo is played with three types of bets:
- Sic Bo 3 Bets – Four cards are dealt and three of them are dealt face up. Only one card is dealt per player in this stage. The remaining cards are placed face down.
- Sic Bo 11 Bets – The cards are dealt in three portions: they are placed face down, they are placed in the middle of the table, and they are placed face up.
The object of the game is to guess what the other players’ cards would be by comparing them. There are four probable outcomes:
- The first card drawn by the dealer matches the particular number that the player has. All winning bets are paid at even odds.
- The second card drawn by the dealer matches the particular number that the player has. The player only loses the vig on the first card.
- The third card drawn by the dealer does not match the number that the player has. The player loses the vig on the first card and the vig on the third card.
- The fourth card drawn by the dealer does match the number that the player has. The player loses the vig on the first card and the vig on the third card.
In Certain casinos, the player loses the entire vig on the first card, then the second, and the third, and the dealer only wins on the first card.
- Sic Bo – Even Wagers.
The dealer deals three cards to the player and two cards to the banker. The cards dealt by the dealer are placed face down. The cards placed by the banker are placed face up. The cards can be played independently of each other. This is an important feature of Sic Bo. Players can play together or separately. This feature makes Sic Bo different from otherbuying games.
- Mini-Sic Bo.
Sic Bo is a popular game played at the small (5 buck) tables in many casinos. Many casinos offer this game because it is a lot of fun to play. The smaller tables can be difficult to find in a lot of casinos, but easier to find in Live Dealer Casinos. These tables are in regular operation only from Friday through Sunday evenings.